Prepared by V. Aditya vardhan - AdiChemistry.com
Click anywhere on questions to find Stepwise Interactive solutions.
(Only solutions to selected questions are unlocked )
Drop a mail to: email@example.com to unlock all the solutions.
The ionic radii (in Å) of N3-, O2- and F- are respectively:
(1) 1.36, 1.40 and 1.71
(2) 1.36, 1.71 and 1.40
(3) 1.71, 1.40 and 1.36
(4) 1.71, 1.36 and 1.40
Sodium metal crystallizes in a body centered cubic lattice with a unit cell edge of 4.29 Å. The radius of sodium atom is approximately :
(1) 1.86 Å
(2) 3.22 Å
(3) 0.93 Å
(4) 5.72 Å
Which of the following compounds will exhibit geometrical isomerism?
From the following statements regarding H2O2, choose the incorrect statement :
(1) It can act only as an oxidizing agent.
(2) It decomposes on exposure to light.
(3) It has to be stored in plastic or wax lined glass bottles in dark.
(4) It has to be kept away from dust.
The molecular formula of a commercial resin used for exchanging ions in water softening is C8H7SO3Na (Mol. Wt. 206). What would be the maximum uptake of Ca2+ ions by the resin when expressed in mole per gram resin?
Which of the following is the energy of a possible excited state of hydrogen?
(1) +13.6 eV
(2) -6.8 eV
(3) -3.4 eV
(4) +6.8 eV
The vapour pressure of acetone at 20oC is 185 torr. When 1.2 g of a non-volatile substance was dissolved in 100 g of acetone at 20oC, its vapour pressure was 183 torr. The molar mass (g mol-1) of the substance is :
Two Faraday of electricity is passed through a solution of CuSO4. The mass of copper deposited at the cathode is : (at. mass of Cu = 63.5 amu)
(1) 0 g
(2) 63.5 g
(3) 2 g
(4) 127 g
Which one of the following alkaline earth metal sulphates has its hydration enthalpy greater than its lattice enthalpy?
The synthesis of alkyl fluorides is best accomplished by :
(1) Free radical fluorination
(2) Sandmeyer’s reaction
(3) Finkelstein reaction
(4) Swarts reaction
The intermolecular interaction that is dependent on the inverse cube of distance between the molecules is :
(1) ion-ion interaction
(2) ion-dipole interaction
(3) London force
(4) hydrogen bond
Higher order (>3) reactions are rare due to :
(1) low probability of simultaneous collision of all the reacting species
(2) increase in entropy and activation energy as more molecules are involved
(3) shifting of equilibrium towards reactants due to elastic collisions
(4) loss of active species on collision
3g of activated charcoal was added to 50 mL of acetic acid solution (0.06 N) in a flask. After an hour it was filtered and the strength of the filtrate was found to be 0.042 N. The amount of acetic acid adsorbed (per gram of charcoal) is :
(1) 18 mg
(2) 36 mg
(3) 42 mg
(4) 54 mg
In the context of the Hall-Heroult process for the extraction of Al , which of the following statements is false?
(1) CO and CO2 are produced in this process
(2) 2Al2O3 is mixed with CaF2 which lowers the melting point of the mixture and brings conductivity
(3) Al3+ is reduced at the cathode to form Al
(4) Na3AlF6 serves as the electrolyte
Which among the following is the most reactive?
Which one has the highest boiling point?
Assertion : Nitrogen and Oxygen are the main components in
the atmosphere but these do not
react to form oxides of nitrogen.
Reason : The reaction between nitrogen and oxygen requires high temperature.
(1) Both assertion and reason are correct, and the reason is the correct
explanation for the assertion
(2) Both assertion and reason are correct, but the reason is not the correct explanation for the assertion
(3) The assertion is incorrect, but the reason is correct
(4) Both the assertion and reason are incorrect
Which of the vitamins given below is water soluble ?
(1) Vitamin C
(2) Vitamin D
(3) Vitamin E
(4) Vitamin K
The number of geometric isomers that can exist for square planar [Pt (Cl) (py) (NH3) (NH2OH)]+ is: (py = pyridine)
Which of the following compounds is not an antacid?
(1) Aluminium hydroxide
The following reaction is performed at 298 K.
2NO(g) + O2(g) --------->2NO2(g)
The standard free energy of formation of NO(g) is 86.6 kJ/mol at 298 K. What is the standard free energy of formation of NO2(g) at 298 K? (Kp = 1.6 x 1012)
(1) R(298) ln(1.6 x 1012) x 86600
(2) 86600 + R(298) ln(1.6 x 1012)
(3) 0.5 [2 x 86,600 - R(298) ln(1.6 x 1012)]
(4) 86600 - ln(1.6 x 1012) / R(298)
In Carius method of estimation of halogens, 250 mg of an organic
compound gave 141 mg of AgBr. The percentage of bromine in the compound is :
(at. mass Ag = 108; Br = 80)
Which polymer is used in the manufacture of paints and lacquers? (at. mass Ag = 108; Br = 80)
(4) Polyvinyl chloride
Which of the following compounds is not colored yellow?
(3) (NH4)3[As (Mo3O10)4]
The color of KMnO4 is due to :
(1) M —→ L charge transfer transition
(2) d - d transition
(3) L —→ M charge transfer transition
(4) σ - σ* transition
Match the catalysts to the correct processes.
|(A) TiCl3||(i) Wacker process|
|(B) PdCl2||(ii) Ziegler - Natta polymerization|
|(C) CuCl2||(iii) Contact process|
|(D) V2O5||(iv) Deacon’s process|
(1) (A) - (iii), (B) - (ii), (C) - (iv), (D) - (i)
(2) (A) - (ii), (B) - (i), (C) - (iv), (D) - (iii)
(3) (A) - (ii), (B) - (iii), (C) - (iv), (D) - (i)
(4) (A) - (iii), (B) - (i), (C) - (ii), (D) - (iv)
The standard Gibbs energy change at 300 K for the reaction 2A ⇌ B + C is 2494.2 J. At a given time, the composition of the reaction mixture is [A] = ½, [B] = 2 and [C] = ½. The reaction proceeds in the : [R = 8.314 J/K/mol, e = 2.718]
(1) forward direction because Q > Kc
(2) reverse direction because Q > Kc
(3) forward direction because Q < Kc
(4) reverse direction because Q < Kc
In the following sequence of reactions :
product C is :
In the reaction :
product E is :
Which compound would give 5-keto-2-methylhexanal upon ozonolysis?